Wednesday, 23 February 2011

Autobiography (I)

Something about myself

Born and 'bred' at my maternal grandparent's place since being carried out of the hospital after birth.
Mom did her confinement at my grand's, when it was over, she went back to her work. Dad had his own hair salon (unbelievable but its true) at International Plaza called "Jason & Gary". Didn't go to playschool and of a certain age, was enrolled into the government's kindergarten by my grandmother. I really love her so much. She queued for hours just to get me enrolled into this 'kurap' child-torturing place. I cant really recall much about my pre-schooling days except for the part whereby I'm always staring outside the window waiting for my grandmother to receive me home from school. I grew up in the heartlands and its the usual HDB-block catching, roller-blading under the void-decks and so on...

Eventually, my mom had gotten a domestic helper to ease the duties of my grandmother. I attended primary school and shifted to a Maisonette which I still resides in at Bedok South near Kew Drive. It is a very quiet, clean and serene neighbourhood. Although I've shifted, I still know where my roots were from. Everyday without fail, I will head to my grand's place and have lunch and spend time with them. At this point of time although I've grown up, busy with work and with my own personal life, I still make an effort to head to my grand's every now and then, if not, I will give them a phone call and ask if they've eaten and things like that. At times I really do feel guilty that I have so much time and always meet up with my friends but not head to my grand's for a meal or whatsoever. Don't worry, I will do better and see them more often as I love them so so much.

That's all for today, gonna head back to work.

To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment