Monday, 11 April 2011

Night review

Remember me ranting about not receiving my enlistment letter for close to a year? I finally received it 2 days ago. The orange letter was so obvious that I was actually quite reluctant to open it. But I knew the day had been chosen and my fate was destined. I tore the slits and realised that I was posted directly into the 41st Battalion Singapore Armoured Regiment at Kranji Camp II. Not heading to Tekong. This was really a blow to me but kinda had expected it as my highest qualification to date is just my O'Levels. By the way, 10th of June 2011 is the day.

I typed 41 SAR into the google search bar, and to my astonishment, there were quite a number of forums to look at. I clicked onto them and started reading, the next thing I knew was that my tears were rolling. Many stated that it was one of the toughest unit and also the intimidating Detention Barack was also located within its vicinity. But I knew that nothing could change already. Before even searching, I called my mom, dad and grandparents, they were surprised and kinda like consoled me. I called my brother too and realised that he was of the same camp but of a different posting or some sort.

Another 60 more days and I will be in a place where its not familiar to me at all even though I belonged to the NCC during my Secondary school days. I consoled myself and put up a positive front, trying hard to not think of it but I was of no use. Went for dinner and the news of course broke out, everyone was like happy but kinda worried for me though haha. Thereafter, headed back home, got changed and went to J Bar. It was a pleasant night, talking about what I'd expect in the army, the excitement of our Genting trip. It was all good till when it was time for bed after taking a shower.

I laid on my cold bed without my blanket, pondering and harping on to the issue about army. Thinking of how I can deal with it and how to handle it positively making it a breeze for me. But it was extremely difficult to concentrate on the positive things. Had no choice but cried and slept it off.

I'm thankful to those whom were supporting me all these while. I know that NS is a must and everyone has to go through it, I know but pardon me for being too emotional as I still do need a couple of days to digest it. I will eventually, not to worry. I really miss my sister and hope she'll be back before I leave and only able to get to see her by the end of the year if she comes back after I get into the army. Would like to thank my brother for the brotherly support I've received all these while, deeply appreciated and also to my close friends by me.

When the day arrives, it will be a whole new episode in my life, may God watch over me and good luck to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment